International Student Services Coordinator provides specialized student support for international students and international programs. This position is responsible for the day-to-day operation, development, and support of international students, event programming, international programs, and immigration advising and compliance for all international students studying at Mason Korea, and Mason Korea students preparing to study at the Fairfax campus. The International Student Services Coordinator problem solves a variety of complex immigration issues requiring considerable knowledge of immigration rules and regulations, while also supporting the university’s mission to develop and foster a global community on the IGC campus.
- Korean immigration compliance
- Service as the primary contact for Korean student visa preparation and coordination
- Provide immigration advising to international students and scholars of maintaining valid status in Korea
- Coordinate employment eligibility in conjunction with MK Career Development Center (CDC)
- Support and coordinate documents for the following:
- D-2 visa application
- Alien Registration Card acquisition
- Alien Registration Card renewal
- Extension of Stay
- Re-Entry Permit
- Mandatory Health Insurance for students extending study at Mason Korea after 6 months
- Maintain updated information in the Korean immigration portal
- Korea Arrival and Departure Status confirmation
- Quarterly status update
- Semester by semester GPA update
- U.S. immigration compliance – Transition to Fairfax
- Serve as the liaison to GMU Fairfax for Mason Korea Fairfax-bound students. The Coordinator will be working closely with Global Education Office (GEO), Office of International Programs and Services (OIPS), and Mason Korea Coordinator
- Apply federal regulations and compliance processes pertinent to I-20 document preparation, F-1 immigration status and SEVIS
International Program Coordination & Management
- Serve as the primary contact and liaison to prospective and enrolled international students to inform and advocate for the needs of international students
- Assist with development and implementation of international initiatives including Study Abroad, Global Gateway Program, Global Scholars Program, China 1+2+1, and Transition to Fairfax.
- Maintain databases relevant to current and past international students at MK
- Oversee program coordination and partner collaboration to ensure timely communication, information sharing, and program implementation
- Maintain updated website content information relevant to areas of oversight
- Coordinate and support work planning, budgeting, and reporting
- Facilitate efficient communication with partner institutions; establish and implement systems for partner institutions
- Participate in presentations of Mason Korea to prospective international students
- Represent Mason Korea international programs at campus, community, and national meetings as requested.
- Engage and coordinate with key administrative and academic constituencies and community stakeholders to support international student and scholar success.
International Student Support & Administration
- Develop and manage pre-departure orientations, arrival, check-in, in-person and online materials and processes for new internationals
- Develop and coordinate International student orientations ( twice annually)
- Develop and Coordinate Transition to Fairfax immigration Compliance info sessions in collaboration with the Academic Affairs office
- Confirm airport arrival and airport departure for internationals
- Support with the development and implementation of international programs and services special events
- Quarantine protocol: Provide logistical support for quarantine coordination of international students in compliance with Korean health and Immigration regulations for Korea and U.S.-bound students in collaboration with Senior Coordinator for Student care and Conduct and Emergency Health and Safety Coordinator.
- Provides support with establishment of Bank accounts and cell phone service.
- Provides support to MKSA Administrative Coordinator with Summer/Winter break storage process for international students
- Other related duties as assigned.
Student Programs and Development
- Collaborates with Senior Coordinator for Student Involvement to plan and organize events in support of international student community
- Participates in the selection and training of members of the Patriot Activities Council tasked with providing social adjustment support to international students.
- 2-5 years full-time experience working in residence life and/or residential services; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Fluent in reading, writing, speaking in English and Korean
- Proven ability in establishing successful new programs or partnerships in a higher education setting.
- Experience in mentoring and supervision of undergraduate student staff is required.
- Significant experience in residence hall management, student and community development, and crisis response
- Valid driver’s license in Korea.
To apply: Applicants MUST submit the following documents through following hiring site (click "Apply" on this site).
Documents Required for submission
1) A cover letter that explains your interest in the position and highlights relevant experience;
2) Current resume;
3) At least three references with full contact information. References will not be contacted without consent from applicants.
Applicants will be reviewed on a rolling basis effective May 17th with anticipated start date sometime between June 7th to 14th.
About George Mason University Korea.
George Mason, Korea, is George Mason’s international branch campus in Songdo, South Korea. Mason Korea was established as part of George Mason University’s commitment to education on a global scale and its belief in the power of international perspective and connection. Mason Korea is located on the Incheon Global Campus (IGC), which it shares with three other international branch campuses. Mason Korea students, staff, and faculty have access to modern facilities and resources on the IGC for a terrific living and work environment. Songdo, South Korea is a modern “smart” city designed from the start with large parks, plentiful walking and bike paths, and excellent public transportation. Songdo is convenient to Korea’s Incheon International Airport—around a half hour by car—as well as to the capital city of Seoul—around an hour by car.
Further information on Mason Korea can be found at masonkorea.gmu.edu.